2015 OMSSA-City of Toronto Affordable Housing Forum
Date: February 23, 2015
Location: St. Lawrence Hall, 157 King Street East, Toronto
Opening Doors in Your Community - Solutions and Innovations in Access to Affordable Housing
This one day forum provides an opportunity to rethink local practices in access to affordable housing.
Panelists will share how they are rethinking their policies and approaches to providing affordable housing. Learn what went into developing good ideas into new practices.
Service manager led discussion will explore the opportunities, challenges, lessons learned and things to think about in changing local policies and practices.
Topics will include:
- New approaches to coordinating access and services for people
- Getting clients engaged through better information and greater choice
- Creating housing opportunities through new forms of assistance
- Rethinking access policies and getting buy-in.
- Modernizing technology and processes for new approaches
- Building partnerships for better access models
- Opportunities to use housing resources more effectively
The outcomes of the forum and its discussions will be collected as advice and recommendations to the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing for the renewal of the Long Term Affordable Housing Strategy under the Provincial Poverty Reduction Strategy.
Stay tuned for more program details.
Location Details :
St. Lawrence Hall, 157 King Street East, Toronto
Accommodation Details :
Holiday Inn Express Downtown 111 Lombard Street, Toronto, ON M5C 2T9 (416) 367-5555 Novotel Toronto Centre 45 The Esplanade, Toronto, ON M5E 1W2 (416) 367-8900