2015 CBSN Executive Accessibility 'Boot Camp'
Date: March 04, 2015
Location: Ryerson University, Chang School of Continuing Education 297 Victoria Street, 7th Floor, Toronto, Ontario
Enhanced Customer Service + Reduce Risk = Increased Profitability
The Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) has brought about a new perspective on risk and how best to manage it across diverse real estate portfolios and complex organizations.
Seen as drain on resources to many executives, but as a strategic advantage by others, with a large aging workforce and customer base, accessibility goes well beyond wheelchair accessibility to include needs for people with all forms of disabilities, which in turn effects every companies' governance, social responsibility and ultimately, its profitability.
Join business, academic, and public sector leaders to discuss:
- Legislative trends: Where is AODA going?
- Building internal capability for change
- Changing customer and employee demographics
- Risk management through service excellence
- A question of education and governance. CSR and accessibility
- Where do we need to go? Developing industry standards
- Government's role as an enabler and a partner
- A strategic approach to accessibility. The real value proposition
Who should attend?
Solutions driven senior executives responsible for operational excellence, profitability, risk management and corporate and/or real estate value performance.
8:00 - 8:45 am: Registration and networking breakfast
8:45 - 9:15: Introduction
- RW Proulx, President of the Canadian Building Suppliers' Network, CBSN welcome. CSR redefined.
- Hon. Brad Duguid, Ontario Minister of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure to outline his accessibility vision for Ontario
- Marie Bountrogianni, Dean Chang School, Ryerson University to outline Ryerson's commitment to accessibility education
9:15 - 10 am: The Code
- Alfred Spencer, Director, Outreach and Strategic Initiatives, Accessibility Directorate of Ontario.
- Charles Silverman. Academic Coordinator, Advancing the AODA, Ryerson University
10:00 - 10:15:Break
10:15 - 11 am: Challenges and Solutions
- Jeff Wilson President and CEO, Adaptability Canada Corporation and
- Lachlan MacQuarrie, National Services Director, Oxford Properties
11:00 - 1:30 pm: Q&A Panel/Roundtable Discussion and Networking Lunch
- Moderated by Jeff Wilson President and CEO, Adaptability Canada Corporation.
- Ms. F. Lalonde, Parliamentary Asst. MEDEI
- Pina D'intimo, Financial Industry and Accessibility Expert
- Jutta Treviranus, Director Inclusive Design Centre, OCAD, Inclusive Design School
- Sharon Steele, RBC (or sub)
- Jim Shire, IBM (invited)
- Ralph Lean, LLP (tentative)
The Canadian Building Suppliers' Network is a federally incorporated, membership-based, not-for-profit organization established in 2013 as the lead representative and facilitator of building supplier industry in Canada. As the single representative voice of building product and service supplier companies in Canada, the CBSN will focus on Professionalism, Quality, Sustainability & Ethics. The CBSN is built upon the cornerstones of Networking, Education, Standards & Representation and will help create profitable business opportunities for suppliers to, and owners of, all types of property in Canada. http://www.thecbsn.com/